Let’s imagine together
The city of tomorrow!
We are now more than 3,5 billion people living a lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This pandemic will have dramatic impact not only on populations and economies, but will also have repercussions on social relations and our vision of the city, public transportation and public spaces.
Social distancing will completely redefine urban mobility, unfortunately risking an unwanted growth in individual car use.
Our mission is to improve your everyday life in cities and to make you benefit from the most respectful urban micro-mobility experience.
We have therefore decided to launch the first call to project from Angell Lab, on the theme of temporary cycling facilities.
Local authorities will have to act quickly in order to provide alternatives to mass public transportation, therefore infrastructures to allow residents to use bikes safely, in order to avoid a massive use of individual cars, which will cause severe environmental damage.
This call to project includes a grant of up to € 100,000 , along with operational support from the Angell Lab team to the selected projects aimed at:
– Create temporary cycle lanes quickly and at low cost;
– Create adequate signage to ensure the safety of cyclists but also of other vehicles in the city;
– Create light infrastructures to park bikes in transport hubs, places of life or businesses.
All submitted projects must meet two objectives :
– Be operational no later than 30 days post-lockdown in order to immediately adress these issues;
– Offer an ecological and affordable solution to allow all communities or companies (whatever their size) to adopt it.
The call to project is open until May 11, 2020.
The submitted projects will be studied by the Angell Lab team between May 13 and 20.
On May 22, 2020, we will announce the selected projects and we will accompany them within Angell Lab, so that as soon as this summer you will benefit from their innovative solutions and a better mobility experience in the city.